(including SECURITY and SOCIAL MEDIA)
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data (“Information”) and how we will treat it.
If you decide to open a betting account with us, you do so on our main/betting website, Betzone.co.uk. This site is operated by Playbook Gaming Ltd on behalf of Betzone Ltd.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 2004 (“Act”), the data controller for Betzone.co.uk and our betting and gaming products is:
Playbook Gaming Ltd
• what information we collect;
• how we use that information;
• how this information is shared;
• your rights; and
• other useful privacy and security related matters.
Betzone may collect and process the following Information about you:
1. Information that you enter when registering for a Betzone account, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion, and if you report a problem with our Services.
2. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence. Telephone calls to and from our Call Centre are recorded for training and security purposes along with the resolution of any queries arising from the service you receive.
3. Details of transactions you carry out in respect of our services and of the fulfilment of your transactions.
4. Details of your visits to our website (including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, cookies, weblogs, IP Addresses and other communication data) and any other resources that you access.
5. Social Media engagement.
How Information is Used
We may use your Information together with other information for the purposes of:
1. Creating and managing your accounts.
2. Improving and personalising the services that we offer you.
3. Processing your transactions, wagers and winnings.
4. Complying with our duties under applicable law and regulations.
5. Building personal profiles.
6. Providing you with marketing information and information concerning promotional offers by post, email, telephone and other means. Please adjust your account settings if you do not wish to receive any or all of these services.
7. To help us make credit decisions about you, to prevent fraud, to check your age and identity and to prevent money laundering. Please note we may use third parties for these purposes and these third parties may keep a record of the information.
8. To notify you about changes to our service.
9. To comply with relevant regulations regarding your registration and to verify the accuracy of the personal data you provide to us, including disclosure of such information to third parties (including financial institutions, age verification, and credit reference agencies) in connection with such purposes (a record of the search will be retained and the third party may use the information to assist other companies for verification purposes) (necessary to comply with a legal obligation). Credit reference agencies, in conjunction with the relevant privacy regulator(s) and the financial services industry, have developed a common form of notice, called the TransUnion Bureau Privacy Notice. Please refer to https://www.transunion.co.uk/legal-information/bureau-privacy-notice to find out more information about how TransUnion collects and uses credit data in its capacity as a credit reference agency.
Sharing your Personal Data
Betzone will contract trusted third parties to process your information to provide us with services. These services include:
• We may occasionally be required by law, court order or governmental authority to disclose certain types of personal data.
• If we believe doing so is necessary to protect the rights, property, security, or safety of us, our service, other users, or the public;
• To enforce our General Terms or any other agreements we have in place with you, this includes, but is not limited to, age verification, KYC and fraud prevention;
• To investigate and defend ourselves or others against any third-party claims or allegations; and
• While negotiating or in relation to a business transaction, such as a merger, change of control, sale of assets, or bankruptcy.
• Marketing and market research
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you, as a data subject have a number of rights which are detailed below. Some of these only apply in specific circumstances and are qualified in several respects by exemptions which are provided in data protection legislation. We will advise you in our response to your request if we are relying on any such exemptions.
• Access to personal data: You have a right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. Should you wish to make such a request, please email email@example.com
You should include adequate information to identify yourself and relevant contact information that will reasonably assist us in fulfilling your request. Your request will be dealt with as soon as possible.
• Correction of personal data: You can request us to correct any personal data that we are processing about you which is incorrect. We provide you with online account settings and tools to access the information we hold on your account or email firstname.lastname@example.org Please remember to always ensure your data is current and updated.
• Right to withdraw consent: Where we have relied upon your consent to process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent.
To change your marketing preferences, you can visit the Account tab when you log into your account or the email us email@example.com .
• Right of erasure: You can request us to erase your personal data where there is no compelling or regulatory reason to continue processing. This right is not a guaranteed or absolute right.
• Right to data portability: This right allows you to obtain your personal data that you have provided to us with your consent or which was necessary for us to provide. This information will be provided in a machine-readable format such as .csv (readable on Microsoft Excel or equivalent) or .pdf (readable on Adobe Acrobat or equivalent);
• Right to restrict processing of personal data: You have the right, in certain circumstances, to request that we suspend our processing of your personal data. Where we suspend our processing of your personal data we will still be permitted to store your personal data, but any other processing of this information will require your consent, subject to certain exemptions.
• Right to object to processing of personal data: You have the right to object to our use of your personal data which is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests. However, we may continue to process your personal data, despite your objection, where there are compelling legitimate grounds to do so, or we need to process your personal data in connection with any legal claims.
• Right to object to direct marketing, which can be done by opting-out of direct marketing. You also have a right to object to any profiling to the extent that it relates to direct marketing only.
• Right to request an explanation of the logic involved where we make decisions about you solely through automated means.
• Right to complain to your national data protection regulator
All Information is stored in the database of the company.
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that your information is kept secure and protected. We will only disclose personal information to other companies within associated or subsidiary companies and to business partners, successors in title to our business and suppliers that are engaged to process such information on our behalf.
Retention of your Personal Data
We will retain your personal data for the period necessary to provide you with Services. Accordingly, your personal data shall be maintained for up to 7 years following the closure of Your Account (if applicable) or the last contact with us emanating from you. Where it is no longer necessary to process your personal data we will delete it securely. We may be subject to legal and regulatory requirements to keep personal data for a longer period, in particular pursuant to any applicable statutory limitation period.
Given the Internet is a global environment, using the Internet to collect and process Information necessarily involves the transmission of Information on an international basis. Some of the data processors engaged to process Information may be based outside of the European Economic Area. Therefore, by browsing our website and communicating electronically with us, you acknowledge and agree to our processing of your Information in this way.
Your browser generates information, including which language the Website is displayed in, and your Internet Protocol address (“IP address”). An IP address is a set of numbers which is assigned to your computer during a browsing session. The IP address is generated whenever you log on to the internet via your internet service provider or your network. Your IP address is automatically logged by our servers and used to collect traffic data about visitors to our Website. We also use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our Website.
Disclosure of Information
We are entitled to share the information we hold on you which includes Information and betting history with the regulator and licensing authority sporting bodies and other bodies, including the police, in order to investigate fraud, money laundering or sports integrity issues and to comply with our regulatory duties under applicable law. In such an event, Betzone will only disclose personal information which it deems to be necessary and proportionate to any such investigation and where it has been assured by such third party that it will be used in compliance with data protection legislation.
We do everything in our power to protect user-information you provide on account registration. All of our users’ information, not just sensitive information, is stored on servers in secure operating environments.
Your information will not be provided or sold to any third parties. Betzone will only disclose your personal information to other companies within the Betzone group, carefully selected suppliers that are engaged by Betzone to process the information on our behalf or otherwise as required by law or the requirements of any applicable regulatory authority.
When opening a telephone account, customers will be asked if they would like a password for account security purposes. If the customer declines to activate a password on the account, Betzone cannot be held responsible for any bets placed on the account that the customer later queries as not being placed by them. These bets will remain the responsibility of the customer. For account security purposes customers are advised to activate a password.
If a password is activated, and used subsequently by a third party, the responsibility remains with the customer for all bets on the account. It is the customer responsibility to ensure password details are kept private. If you lose, forget, or are concerned a third party has your password, you should call us to change your password immediately. Any bets placed on your account using your password will be your responsibility.
a. track the use of the Service;
b. monitor traffic to the Service;
c. improve the Service by making it easier and more relevant for You;
d. obtain and pass on analytics regarding Your use of the Website and the Service
e. to understand Your preferences for advertising purposes; and
f. to provide You with relevant advertising when visiting our Website.
Online browsers can usually be set to either accept or decline cookies. However, if cookies are declined You may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the Service.
You can learn more about cookies by clicking here (and there are additional links on the Information Commissioner’s Office site which provide more information about cookies).
By using our Service You acknowledge and agree to us using the types of cookies set out above.
We want social media to be a friendly and relaxed environment for all to enjoy. We use social media to talk to you, answer your questions, supply you with news and let you know about things you might be interested in, including market movers. Views and news published by Betzone does not constitute betting advice and should not be treated as such.
To ensure our social media pages are enjoyable for all users please adhere to the following rules:
The following terms and conditions apply to content, promotions, apps and tabs on Betzone social media accounts:
Social Media Terms & Conditions
1. Our social media channels are restricted to individuals aged 18 and older.
2. You may not advertise or promote non-Betzone products via our social media channels without prior consent from Betzone, via firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Any betting opinion or news expressed by Betzone does not constitute betting advice and should not be treated as such.
4. Betzone cannot be held responsible for the content of others on our social media channels.
5. No gambling of any kind may take place between Betzone and its customers via Betzone social media channels.
6. Any racism, sexism, bullying or harassment of any kind will be removed and the original poster may be blocked temporarily or permanently.
7. Any defamatory language will be removed and the original poster may be blocked temporarily or permanently.
8. Betzone retain the right to remove any content or block any user, temporarily or permanently.
9. Content on our social media channels could change at any time and should not be solely relied upon.
10. If you have any problems regarding our social media pages please email us: email@example.com